Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Missing teen contacts family via Facebook


KUALA LUMPUR: A teenager, who has been missing for more than a week, contacted his parents but remains secretive about his location.
Soo Kok Kee, 19, was reported missing by his parents after he failed to attend his exams and convocation day at a college in Nilai late last month.
Kok Kee updated his Facebook status on Saturday, saying “everyone, I feel so sorry. I got a new job, I will take care of myself and I hope my friends and relatives take care of my parents.”
His father, Si Long, 41, said the son also sent them a message of apology via his mother’s Facebook account at about the same time.
However, Kok Kee did not reveal his location.
Si Long said the last time he was with his son, they were arguing because Kok Kee did not invite his parents to his convocation and had lied about being involved in a car accident.
According to a friend of Kok Kee, he had a fender bender with another car last month. He paid the car owner RM300 as compensation, but the owner later demanded an additional RM900.
“I am worried that he ran away because we scolded him. We just want him to come home,” Si Long said at a press conference organised by MCA yesterday.


Warm Regard, Sara Pandian

No comments:

Search This Blog