Tuesday, June 7, 2011

From navy officer to pole dancer


Pole dancer Natasha Gray had breast implants last year and has regular hormone treatments
Pole dancer Natasha Gray had breast implants last year and has regular hormone treatments
A former British Royal Navy officer has revealed 'her' new lease of life - as a transgender pole dance instructor.

According to The Daily Mail, Natasha Gray, 48, was formerly called David Payne, who at the age of 28 had admitted to being a cross dresser.

However, four years ago the father-of-one became a full-time woman and adopted the new name. It led to Natasha having breast implants last year and regular hormone treatments.

"I knew when I was four years old what I was. I should have been born in a woman's body. I made some tough decisions."

The then officer David Payne
The then officer David Payne
"I knew I couldn't say anything and I couldn't be seen anywhere near anything feminine - it was the 1960s and people weren't accepting - so I had girlfriends," Natasha said.

Natasha, who lives in North Tyneside, England, with her 21-year-old son and girlfriend Mary, said that she took up dancing four years ago.

"I started with Latin and burlesque classes, but I couldn't keep up, so the dance teacher suggested pole dancing."

"I said 'you must be joking', but she was right. You can learn single moves, then put them together into a routine and it's fantastic fun," she said.

"Its got a reputation for being sleazy, but it's a form of fitness. I entered the Pole Princess 2009 competition in Newcastle and Pole Jam in Sunderland, and I came second."

"The first time I did a competition I was absolutely shaking. But once I got going I lost all sense of where I was and loved it."

"As for teaching I have started a course for instructors and lead a class at Blue and Basement in Middlesbrough, to show people very simple moves," she added.
Source: ANI
Image Credit: Daily Mail/North News and Pictures


Warm Regard, Sara Pandian

No comments:

Search This Blog